7.14.2008

My Past Year

So my sister told me I should start a blog, so I decided to try it out! Now, I don't think that anyone will really read it, but that's okay. I'm horrible at writing in my journal, so maybe this will suffice! So let me recap on my past year:

I spent my first year of college at Chico State University, and had an absolute blast! My first friends were my roommates, Carli, Bethany and Alisa. Bethany and Alisa are members of the church and they introduced me to a lot of cool people in our student ward! Carli and I became really great friends and I really enjoyed spending time with her! Sadly (but happily) Carli graduated from chico so I do not get to spend another year with her as roommates. :(

I will briefly mention my wonderful boyfriend, because I will get to all the amazing and gushy details in it's own special post! I met Tyler Andrew Cooley at a church dance on September 7th. After becoming really great friends, we officially became girlfriend/boyfriend on October 28th. He is an amazing person who I love very much and he loves me, and it's been the hardest thing ever being away from him this summer! (This is the first picture we ever took together!!!)

School has been an interestingly fun experience. I've always hated school, and college classes are not any better. I have, however, learned that if i actually study, I do well in my classes. I guess I am somewhat forced to study though, because tests are the only things on our grades. (Except for a few term papers and homework for math). I'm a Psychology major and am working on my General Ed classes right now! (booorrriinnngg)

So. While I was at school, my sister had her baby! Corbin Jeffery Duke was born February 19th! He will be five months old on saturday! CRAZY! I am so sad that I wasn't able to make it there for the delivery but I am extremely glad that I got to see him the same day! And I am so happy that I get to spend time with the little booger this summer! He's just the cutest!


Well this is it for my first post! I will update again soon!






1 comment:

mikila said...

Is it weird to comment on a post when I sat next to you as you wrote it? Oh well! But you should seriously keep updating this so when you go back to school I can know what's happening with you!