9.04.2008

I Have No Idea What To Title This Entry

Oh boy, I wish I were a good writer. Or I at least wish I was more interested in writing. Actually, I am interested in writing, but since I'm not good at it, I don't like it. I always read peoples blogs (thanks Mikila for getting me hooked) and I get jealous of their interesting and witty posts. It inspires me to write but when I go to do it, I get frustrated and just click out of the window. It might also be partly because I still think it's really weird to have a blog about just me. I feel kind of self centered when I think about it, unless it's for a writing class where writing about myself is all I ever want to do because Holly Storey is the topic I know best (which also makes me seem self centered). But hey, I'm not doing this only for me. I'm mostly doing it for my sister because she's awesome. And she cares enough to actually want to know what I'm up to while I'm away. I'm sure the rest of my family does too, but they just haven't admitted it yet. So here I am, posting about what I've been up to. In case I forget to tell some of you some things.

Since I've been back in Chico I have:
. Hung out a lot with my boooyyyyfrieeend! He's way cool. He's fun to be around and he makes me laugh a lot! He's a hottie and he's really nice and sweet too! He's does a lot for me. And he makes the best pizza in the world. And seriously, that's not a joke. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. but I'm sooo hungry that's probably why. Anyways, I've been doing a lot of neat things with him. but mostly we play nintendo wii. he's gotten hooked onto that which is not a problem with me because I love it too! Once I'm done with this long and boring "catch up" post, there will most likely be a TON of blog posts dedicated to this handsome fella. :D He's great.

. Swam a lot. There are lots and lots of places to go swimming in Chico. We mostly have just swam in Tyler's friend Hieu's pool. It's usually cold though. But we have also gone swimming in random parts of the creek/river/whatever it is.

.On Labor Day, I went on tough hike with Tyler's friends. Tyler had to work but I went anyways. Me and Rachel were the only girls but all the boys (Hieu, Josh, Connor, and Connor's friends Aaron and Chris) are really nice so don't worry family, I didn't put myself in a dangerous situation. Actually there were other girls there but they were friends of Josh (who is still in High school and all his friends were too) and we didn't really talk to them much. We did however talk to one of the girls mother who came along. She was really cool. But anyways, it was a really rough hike, kinda. Tyler had been on the hike before and since he didn't know I had awesome hiking skills from many many camping trips and hikes with family and girls camp, he didn't think I could do it very easily. Alas, I impressed them all and for the most part, was ahead of the group. (The reason Tyler was worried was because it was a realllly steep hike. there was even a part where we had to use a rope to climb down. It was also really slippery. I slid down a lot but there were lots of trees to hold on to.) But since Tyler was so worried, I started worrying, so when the hike came, I expected the worst! So I am really glad that he got me worried because it made the hike easier (I also may have wanted a little bit to prove that I'm not a high maintenance little girl, hehe.) But my legs were soooooooo sore for like, 4 days after the hike. It was fun though. Oh, and we hiked to a spot in the river where you can jump off really really high rocks. Rachel and I made a pact that we would not jump off though because we're not into that whole thing. And the jumps were like, 60 feet high. (Rachel and I figured that out by counting how many Connors tall the thing was because Connor is like 8 feet tall) Anyways, pretty much the whole time, Rachel and I were in our own world and sat like mermaids on a huge boulder that was about 2 feet under the surface of the water, while watching the guys jump off these crazy rocks. It was pretty cool.

. School. I have an easy-peasy load this semester. However, the classes are still pretty difficult. I have no idea what to expect for ANY of them.
-Cultural Anthropology
-My teacher is nuts
-We talk about nothing but current events for the first 35 minutes of each of our 50 minute classes
-the rest of the 15 minutes, we start talking about the reading we have to do, but end up on random tangents
-I'm pretty nervous for what the tests will be like.
-Astronomy
-Lecture teacher is crazy
-Lab teacher is really funny and really nice
-Our first planetarium quiz is next week and I'm pretty confident that I am going to Ace it
-The lecture tests are going to be hard because our lectures are really confusing.
-Research Methods in Psychology
-Quiz every monday on our reading
-It's a pretty cut and dry subject so it's not that hard
-Tends to be a little boring. I rely mainly on snacks and doodles to keep me awake in class
-Yoga
-Not a fan of it yet.
-My favorite pose is the "corpse pose." If you don't know what it is, look it up.
-Ballroom dance
-It's beginning. I hate to brag, but I'm way better than anyone there. Although it's really entertaining watching the guys get all embarrassed when they do something wrong. They're trying really hard and it's cute.

And that's basically it. Thats all I have been up to. At least I think it is. See, this is why I never had a blog because my life is BOOOOOORRRRRING. hahahahahahhaha. okay bye.

1 comment:

mikila said...

Yay! I've been checking every day since you said you were working on a post. I thought it was very witty and interesting! That's awesome you did that hike! Sounds like you are having lots of fun and enjoying the whole college experience. Love you!