Last weekend (the weekend of the 15th) was SUPER fun and exciting! It started in Friday Forum (a weekly class at the Institute across from campus where a guest speaker comes and talks for a bit while we enjoy yummy food prepared by our wonderful couple missionaries). My lovely friend Erin asked if I wanted to go to the rodeo with her and some peeps. I had been talking about the Red Bluff Round Up for quite some time with some other friends, but never expected to actually go. Anyways, it ended up being me, Erin, Cishella, Dan and Neil. I have TONS of pictures to show for it :)
 |
| Dan, Neil (total cowboy at heart), Erin, me and Cishella |
 |
| Me and the MASSIVE thing of curly fries. This was already halfway gone too! |
 |
| Shella, me and Neil |
 |
| The girlies! Shella, me and Erin |
 |
| Shella, Neil, Me and Erin |
 |
| Me and Erin (Whose grandparents live off of Fallen Leaf! Right on the other side of the circle we lived on! Can you believe it!?) |
 |
| Shella and Me (And half of Neil) |
 |
Me and the BEAUTIFUL Shella. Remember this girl forever. She will be famous one day! She’s probably the greatest musician I know and SWEETEST at that!! LOVE her!
|
The next day (saturday), Neil took me on a beautiful hike up to Table Mountain in Oroville. We hiked to two different waterfalls and oh did I mention there were TONS and TONS and TONS of flowers?? The pictures below don’t even do it justice. Also, did I mention that I counted 17 different flowers on the hike? I’ve never seen anything like it. Pretty awesome!
 |
| The first waterfall. It was supposed to look like I was floating! |
 |
| Me and Neil in front of the first waterfall. |
 |
| All the pretty purple flowers! These were my favorite of all the flowers :) |
 |
| I think there were mainly these flowers. there were SO many that you couldn’t help but step on ‘em! Kind of sad! :( |
 |
| Me in checkin out the second waterfall! |
 |
| We hiked down to the waterfall!! You can’t really tell from the picture, but you can totally walk behind the waterfall in that rock. and there are TONS of engravings on the walls of it! Neil showed me where he carved his name in it when he was a kid and we saw some really old ones..the oldest we saw was dated ’68. Pretty awesome! There was also a small cave in there somewhere that used to be a mine for something…we couldn’t figure out what though. |
 |
| right under the waterfall! |
 |
| There were also a ton of salamanders! They were so cute! We named this one Freddie after Freddie Sanchez because he was black and orange :) (don’t ask why Sanchez… he’s kind of a random player but we didn’t think the salamander looked like a brian or a buster.. :P ) |
 |
| The pretty purple flowers were EVERYWHERE! |
 |
The pretty bouquet I took home with me :) they actually lasted a few days, I was surprised!! :)
|
After the hike, Neil took me home to freshen up and get ready for dinner while he went home to do the same. He picked me up again and we went to my favorite Thai restaurant in the entire world, Sophia’s. It’s literally a hole in the wall place that looks pretty sketchy from outside. It’s in a big dark gray building on a pretty crazy street in Chico. You drive through an alleyway to get to the parking lot, which really isn’t a parking lot at all, where you just park anywhere you can find a space behind the building. Kind of creepy back there! But I’ll tell you what…Sophia’s has THE BEST pad thai IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!! I bet you it’s better than pad thai from thailand. I’ve had my fair share of experiences with pad thai and I really don’t like it anywhere else. I think it tastes weird. But it’s got such a different taste at Sophia’s that is so sweet and hot at the same time. I crave it almost as much as I crave Hula’s! Anyways, I had the pad thai and Neil had some green curry. It was also delicious! After dinner he took me to get frozen yogurt at my friend’s yogurt shop near my apartment. Also very yummy :) Sadly we had to cut the date short after that (we were planning on watching a movie) but I had to get to studying for the test I had on Tuesday!
All in all I had a VERY fun weekend. and I can’t wait until this weekend when Neil takes me, Erin and Erin’s boyfriend Cory out horseback riding! So much fun! Stay tuned for pictures!! :D
1 comment:
Love the bouquet and I think we need to talk soon!!!!!!
Post a Comment